The priority service register is a free support service which makes sure extra help is available to people in vulnerable situations. Energy Suppliers and Network Operators will both keep a Priority Services Register. If you think you should be added to either you need to contact your energy supplier or network operator.
You are eligible if you:
- have reached your state pension age
- are disabled or have a long-term medical condition
- are recovering from an injury
- have a hearing or sight condition
- have a mental health condition
- are pregnant or have young children
- have extra communication needs (such as if you don’t speak or read English well)
- need to use medical equipment that requires a power supply
- have poor or no sense of smell
- would struggle to answer the door or get help in an emergency.
You might still be able to register for other reasons if your situation isn’t listed. For example, if you need short-term support after a stay in hospital.
For more information click on the following link.